National Association of County and City Health Officials
The National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO), a national organization representing approximately 3,000 local health departments (LHDs) nationwide, has an immediate opening for a Full-time Senior Research Analyst.
The Senior Research Analyst is primarily responsible for the analyst, management, development and implementation of data and specialized survey software. In addition, to managing research and evaluative projects. The Senior Research Analyst for Research and Evaluation is an individual contributor at the senior specialist level in a specific area of expertise and is accountable for professional functions and/or systems.
The Senior Research Analyst for R&E at the Senior Specialist level may provide guidance to other professionals and administrative staff either in a supervisory, project management, or technical capacity. The Senior Specialist is considered a career level professional and utilizes independent judgement consistently in their work. Work at this level requires substantial knowledge in an area of specialization with both the conceptual understanding and sufficient professional experience to work on complex assignments with minimal supervision.
CORE COMPETENCIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
POSITION SPECIFIC DUTIES:
Monitoring, Evaluation and Data Management
- Conducts qualitative and quantitative research and analyses for major surveys of LHD infrastructure.
- Serves as a consultant and subject matter expert (SME) to other NACCHO programs for data collection activities, including use of specialized survey software (Qualtrics) across the organization, as well as a consult on questionnaire design, data cleaning and analysis plans.
- Develops, manages and implements an organization-wide web-based survey software system within NACCHO (e.g., Qualtrics).
- Works with NACCHO staff to establish, and periodically review policies and standards for use of web-based survey software, as well as provides consultation and technical assistance resources.
- Develops and manages data cleaning plans and codebooks, conducts quality assurance checks on data, and writes reports on results/findings of data cleaning.
- Updates and maintains key data on Profile study population, including jurisdiction population, FIPS codes, and type of governance.
- Creates, refines, and maintains the R&E survey administration database of LHD primary contacts and state champions for R&E-led surveys.
- Works in conjunction with membership and database team to assure the accuracy of information regarding LHD jurisdictions and contact information (based on information obtained from NACCHO surveys.
Coordination, Documentation and Evaluation of Data Collection
- Tracks status of NACCHO data collection activities and archives data, instruments, and other study documentation for key NACCHO data collection activities into a singular housing for research access across all NACCHO departments.
- Contributes directly to the evaluation of NACCHO data collection activities and develops reports suitable for a variety of internal and external audiences, including program teams, senior managers, and funders.
- Links data from various NACCHO surveys and other data management systems as appropriate to support NACCHO research and operations.
Other Research & Evaluation Contributions
- Co-authors written products based on R&E-led studies, including methodology, charts, figures, and analytical text.
- Designs and manages project evaluation activities, including conducting online surveys and phone interviews; analyzing responses; and writing summary reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree and certification in relevant professional field with a minimum of 5-7 years relevant work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience, including a relevant certification. Masters degree in a relevant field preferred.
- Spreadsheet and Word Processing software experience required.
- Experience using and administering web-based survey systems
- Experience with database management programs (Access, Qualtrics, NetForum)
- Experience with statistical programs (Stata preferred)
- Experience with qualitative data analysis programs (N-VIVO preferred)
- Ability to develop data collection instruments in paper and web-based formats
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
- Occasionally required to sit and walk.
- Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to bend, lift or climb stairs.
- Occasionally required to lift light weights (less than 25 pounds).
The noise level in the work environment usually is moderate.
SELECTION PROCESS: We only accept applications that follow the electronic process. No phone calls please. This position is subject to background screening. Qualified applicants should send a cover letter, resume, one writing sample with salary requirements to: PN-98 Senior Research Analyst:
NACCHO offers generous benefits plan including but not limited to 13 days of sick leave annual leave allowable accumulation up to 225 hours, and paid vacation leave, as well as other types of leave. NACCHO benefits include a generous health, dental, and vision plan, 5 percent of base salary contribution to 403(b) plan, (not a matching contribution); paid short and long term disability plan and paid term life insurance.
At NACCHO, our commitment to equal employment opportunity and affirmative action seeks to ensure a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We respect and value work force diversity among all employees and all those with whom we do business.
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :